Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 151 - 153 - Return to Holland

These are going to be way shorter, as I'm exhausted.

Day 151 - Amsterdam

We ventured to Amsterdam, grabbed some delicious fries with fritesaus, walked through Dam Square, and snaked our way through the Red Light district (don't worry Mom, Adrian's ALLERGIC to smoke!) which was unusually dead in terms of window prostitute action (I'm not complaining). We sat along the canals watching birds do silly things, and I of course took Adrian to the awesome library, where we spent some time.

We took the train back to Leiden, and stumbled upon a ridiculous festival kicking off in the way the Dutch know best - wearing costumes, cruising in boats, and getting really drunk. It was fun to watch the floats go by in the canals, and I'd never seen so many people in Leiden before, which was nice to show Adrian. We got pannekoeken, which was delicious as always, and Adrian spent most of the rest of the day engaged in conversation with my roommates.

Day 152 - Leiden

I took Adrian around Leiden for a bit, seeing some of the sights. We got coffee at the place I always take people to and had a nice time taking it easy in town. Leiden is undeniably cute and relaxing, and it was nice to spend most of a day in town soaking it all in before I leave. We ended up getting really cheap doner at the station, and after Adrian destroyed his loaner bike, he took the bus home to the Swamp as I biked home on my own. We hung out and listened to music all evening, and he once again spent hours talking with Kamil, which was cool to see.

Day 153 - Beginning of the End

Adrian departed for Berlin and Cory this morning. In basically 5.5 days I will be back in America. Pretty weird. I've been looking forward to this day for a little while, and now that it's here it's quite bittersweet. I spent a good portion of the day gearing up to get my room cleaned and packed, and the rest of the day has been devoted to getting my photos on Facebook and getting these blogs up. Unless anything interesting happens, I'll probably just blog on Thursday before I go home Friday morning, and then see if I'm compelled to write things when I get home.

Thanks to everyone who has continued to read the blog! Hope you enjoy the travel posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment