Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 5 Pt. 2 - Leiden After Dark


This'll be short, but the gist: tonight was a load of fun, and gives me renewed confidence in the group of friends I seem to be carving out/integrating myself into.

Went to the apartment of two American girls with my mentors, Dani and Karen, and a couple other mentees. Carried on some good conversations with people before heading out to InCasa, the only true "disco" in Leiden for an international student welcome party. This was first experience actually going to a club, and I was a bit skeptical at first. Once I get settled in I ended up having a great time (despite the bizarre mix spun together by the DJs), and I can tell already that friendships being built with my mentors, their friends, and other new international students are going to go a long way towards making this an awesome time. I talked to a few people tonight who had nothing but great things to say about Leiden, and all of the people I've met thus far seem to be great.

Now for catching up on American TV, sleep, and getting a bit organized over the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment