Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 7 - Lazy Sunday

Another lazy day, but my sleep schedule is back to a bit more normal of a rhythm. Watched Arsenal beat Huddersfield Town in dramatic fashion, and watched the very entertaining NHL All Star game as well. Followed along as Michigan handily beat Iowa at Crisler and Darius Morris picked up the 3rd triple-double in Michigan history. Once again had a nice relaxing day talking to friends - both new and old.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. I've run down quite the list of things to accomplish, and hopefully I can get to most of them. Amongst the items on the agenda: getting a cheap phone, setting up a bank account, figuring out more about housing and course registration, signing up for some International Student Network events, and doing some grocery shopping. I really can't wait to get to the grocery store, as I've been dying for some snack foods - ham and cheese sandwiches and apples will only last me so long! Hopefully I have a nice, long, interesting update for tomorrow.

A bit of blog scheduling. I'm surely not going to bother you with daily posts from here until the end of my stay, but I'll try to post most days when something interesting happens. The past two days, for instance, probably won't get blogged as they've been quite boring for anybody reading this elsewhere. I figured I'd get the first week here all blogged and then go from there. I still expect to write her quite frequently, as it's therapeutic. I'm still battling the urge to count down the days to going home, which I'm well aware is quite stupid, but it's getting easier to look forward to my time here as I shore up more friendships and have events to look forward to on the horizon. The start of classes on Thursday will also be a help. Until tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. FYI it seems the banks are open Tues-Fri. I am also battling the urge to count down the days, so don't feel stupid!

    ReplyDelete