Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 6 - Sleep

So I didn't make it to bed until around 6:30 AM this morning. Naturally, I woke up at 6:30 PM and literally slept the day away.

I spent most of the day talking to friends back home. While I've been meeting new people, and there's a lot of promise there, I still (and feel like always will) miss my friends back home dearly. It's a real joy to talk to them and stay involved in their lives, and I hope they're happy to talk with me too. Cory is now in Belfast for his study abroad, so it's nice to have one of the Ann Arbor buddies in Europe at the same time as me to kind of share in my experiences and be a little closer to me in terms of the time difference. I can't wait to see him (and Rachael, who's in Copenhagen, and Matt, who will soon be in Prague).

I watched the NHL All Star Skills competition tonight, which was nice but a bit boring overall. Team Lidstrom got beaten handily, but I suspect they'll win the game tomorrow evening. I also listened to the third period of the Michigan-Michigan State hockey game at the Joe, which Michigan lost 2-1. Ugh.

I finally got around to trying to figure out how to finalize my course registrations, which just about nobody has had an easy time of doing. I think I've emailed the right people, but of course one of the faculty advisors is out on leave due to injury - so what now? I guess I'll find out on Monday when someone gets around to emailing me back. The Dutch education system is a nightmare in terms of ease of use, this much is for sure. It's incredibly bureaucratized and you get sent through a thousand loops trying to figure this stuff out. It's very, very frustrating. It's the kind of thing where I can envision myself having thought everything was all sorted out, and then finding out in May that something had gone wrong - I'll have to make sure this doesn't happen.

I also need to start thinking about what I'm going to do with the rest of my summer in terms of internships or jobs. Add it to the list.

See you tomorrow. Maybe things will be a bit more interesting for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment